Welcome to the Academy of the Annunciation (AoA)
at the Bournemouth Oratory
“Be transformed by the renewal of your mind” (Rom. 12:2)
AoA’s onsite conferences and blended / distance learning courses are designed to form and educate students to be truly mission-ready – for the parish, the diocese, and the world. Focused courses are offered at various levels on the Sacraments of Initiation, Catechesis & Evangelisation, Discipleship & Prayer, Apologetics & Reasons for Faith, Spiritual Theology, and various Scripture Studies.
Forming Evangelists, Catechists, and Formators “to put people not only in touch but in communion, in intimacy, with Jesus Christ: only He can lead us to the love of the Father in the Spirit and make us share in the life of the Holy Trinity.” (St John Paul II – Catechesi Tradendae #5)
- Short Conferences & Study Days
- Equipping students to work effectively in the Lord’s vineyard
- Conferences for priests, religious, and seminarians
- study online with the help of your personal academic tutor
- Attend on-site study periods at the Oratory in beautiful Bournemouth
The Bournemouth Oratory at the Sacred Heart Church
April / Eastertide Study Days
via video conference
The Academy of the Annunciation offers live lectures with inter-active discussion and real-time participation, all from the comfort of your lock-down!
Registration is now open for the following Study Days:
- Wednesday 15th April – The Resurrection of Christ
- Saturday 18th April – The Road to Emmaus (Luke 24) and the Mass
- Wednesday 22nd April – The Life of St Peter – Models in Discipleship
- Saturday 25th April – The Path of Prayer – Meditation and Contemplation
- Wednesday 29th April – Reasons for Faith in a Scientific Age
- Saturday 2nd May – Is Catholic Moral Teaching Outdated?
For more information and to register please CLICK HERE
Each Study Day (10am to 5pm) costs only £25, and there is a 6 for 5 discount (you can sign up for 6 Study Days for the price of 5), or 6 people can be signed up at once, with a payment for 5.
Since it looks as though the lock-down may not be ending very soon, the Academy of the Annunciation wants to help Catholics and enquirers to stay better connected by offering live lectures (via video conference) with inter-active discussion and real-time participation, all from the comfort of your lock-down! Our most recent Study Days, on the past two Saturdays, had student participants from Spain, Italy, Ireland and all over the UK.
As the Easter Season begins, these Study Days give us opportunities to discuss our Catholic Faith, and are the perfect occasions to connect with other Catholics – perhaps over a glass of wine in the afternoon! (Provide your own wine or beverage of choice in your lock-down).
Dr Denise Clare Oliver and Dr Christina Pal lead the teaching team for this programme.